PS8836 – USB-C® 20Gbps Retimer for USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 and DP 2.1 Alternate Mode
PS8836 is a USB3.2, DisplayPort™ 2.1 retimer for host applications. It conforms to the USB 3.2 specifications and related USB-IF specifications addressing retimer and alternate mode support and conforms to the VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode on USB Type-C® 2.0 standard. In addition to USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 support and DisplayPort™ 4 lane support up to UHBR20, the PS8836 supports the multifunction operation of USB 3.2 Gen 2×1 with DP 1 or 2 lane support as defined by the DP Alt Mode standard. With its alt mode features the PS8836 provides a simple but versatile high-performance retimer solution for high speed signal integrity and compliance margin at the USB-C receptacle. PS8836 provides ultra-low standby power to extend the system battery life as well as the DP2.1 ecosystem and the user experience. PS8836 is also pin compatible to PS8833 help customer to design common PCB to increase diversity of I/O spec.
• Supports USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 20Gbps dual-lane operation.
• Low power U1, U2 and U3
• Supports DisplayPort™ (DP) Alternative modes
• Supports the Retimer architecture of USB3.2 specification.
• Supports DP 2.1 up to UHBR20 20Gbps
• RBR, HBR, HBR2, HBR3, UHBR10, UHBR13.5 and UHBR20
• Supports DP LT-tunable PHY Retimer (LTTPR) transparent and non- transparent modes
• Supports DP2.1 Advanced Link Power Management (ALPM)
• Integrated AUX switch for USB Type-C application
• Adaptive CTLE and DFE equalizer
• Integrated 85Ω differential termination resistors for input and output
• Low power consumption
• 3.3V and 0.9V power supply
• 4.7 x 8.0mm 62-pin QFN package
• ESD: 5Kv
• Notebooks, Desktop PCs and Tablets
• USB Type-C host applications