PS8769 – USB-C® 10Gbps Linear Redriver for USB 3.2 Gen 2 and DP Alternate Mode
The PS8769 is a linear redriver for USB Type-C® enabled systems that use an integrated USB 3.2 / DisplayPort™ Alternate Mode host device. The device supports USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) and Gen 2 (10 Gbps) operation, and DisplayPort Alt Mode operation up to the HBR3 (8.1 Gbps) link rate. The device has programmable equalizers to compensation for signal loss from PCB traces, cabling, and connectors. DisplayPort Alt mode support includes AUX interception to enable response to link training commands. Full USB 3.1 power management is supported.
The PS8769 offers lower power and a smaller footprint for USB-C® repeating applications that don’t require the full signal restoration performance of a retimer. It’s smaller size and power, combined with the single 1.8V power supply requirement, make it ideal for hand-held portable devices such as smart phones and tablets.
- USB Type-C linear redriver supports USB 3.2 up to Gen2 (10Gbps) and DisplayPort Alternate Mode up to HBR3 (8.1Gbps)
- Supports USB Type-C applications with integrated USB and DisplayPort alternate mode support, including an integrated port configuration switch
- Supports full USB 3.1 power management
- Programmable equalizers enable compensation for PCB, cable and/or connector loss
- Field proven AUX interception technology for DisplayPort link training supports RBR, HBR, HBR2 and HBR3 link rates
- Ultra low power consumption in deep sleep mode
- Single 1.8V power supply
- 2.7 x 3.7mm 26-pin QFN RoHS compliant and halogen free package
- ESD: Human Body Mode 4KV