USB 3.0 5Gb/s Unidirectional Redriver
The PS8731 is a one-channel, unidirectional USB 3.0 redriver device that exhibits low power consumption in a 2x2mm package, making it ideal for portable devices.
The PS8731 is designed to be placed within the USB 3.0 high speed signal path to improve signal integrity, enabling a longer physical media link, for example, and/or to improve reliability. The device’s unidirectional configuration enables application placement flexibility; two PS8731 devices can be used together to support one USB 3.0 port, with one placed close to the USB 3.0 host and one close to the USB 3.0 connector.
On-chip, pin-configurable input equalization and output de-emphasis circuits enable performance optimization for the specific application. In addition to supporting full USB 3.0 power management, additional automatic power saving modes can be enabled. When enabled, power reduction between data packets can be reduced by as much as 90%, and very low power is consumed when in suspend mode, triggered by USB device unplug or disable through Rx termination sensing.
- Unidirectional one-channel USB 3.0 redriver (5.0Gbps)
- 2x2mm 12-pin TQFN Halogen free RoHS Package
- Very low power in active, standby, suspend (no-connect), and power down modes
- Single 1.2V Power Supply
- Supports Low Frequency Periodic Signaling (LFPS) with fast LFPS enter/exit time
- Supports full USB 3.0 power management with additional automatic power saving functions
- Configurable input equalizer level enables signal integrity optimization in the receive path
- Configurable output de-emphasis level enables signal integrity optimization in the transmit path
- Supports hot plug with Automatic Receiver Detect
- Integrated 50Ω termination resistors on input and output
- In-Line signal connection pins for flow-through PCB layout
- ESD: Human Body Model at 8 kV & IEC 6100-4-2, 5kV Direct Pin Zapping
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Data storage systems