SATA Bidirectional Repeater
The PS8513 is an industry pin-compatible bidirectional SATA repeater that integrates two equalizer-driver channels for signal conditioning. It is Parade’s latest offering for this popular 20-pin TQFN device footprint and is similar to the PS8511. The PS8513A, which uses a single 1.5V supply, offers the industry’s lowest power solution by drawing only 9mW during the automatic low power state, and less than 0.4mW in standby.
In a typically application, the PS8513 is placed close to the system’s eSATA receptacle to compensate for board losses and to regenerate high-quality SATA electrical signals. Device options provide for either 1.5V or 3.3V power supply operation.
Both input receivers have programmable input equalization, and both output drivers have programmable output boost for eSATA connections as well as programmable pre-emphasis. A squelch circuit prevents driver output when the input amplitude drops below the threshold level. The automatic power saving mode requires no host or firmware support.
- Supports serial-ATA (SATA) II/SAS up to 3.0Gbps
- Supports SATA Out-of-Band (OOB) Signaling
- Lowest Power SATA Repeater – only 9 mW power draw when in automatic power saving mode (PS8513A)
- Standby power draw <0.4mW
- Exit from low power states <50ns
- Optimized output drivers for improved signal integrity
- Integrated 50Ω termination resistors for input and output
- Adjustable receiver equalization compensates for FR4 traces up to 20 inches
- Configurable output levels for SATA and eSATA use
- Programmable output pre-emphasis
- Supply voltage options:
- PS8513A: Single 1.5V power supply
- PS8513B: Single 3.3V power supply
- 20-pin TQFN RoHS package
- 0° to 85°C operating temperature range
- ESD: Human Body Mode to 8 kV
- Desktop and laptop PCs
- Docking Stations
- Data Storage Systems