PS8461V – DisplayPort Retimer with 2:1 Input Mux For Automotive Applications
Supports DisplayPort™ 2.0 up to HBR3 rates with LTTPR command snooping, AEC-Q100 grade 2 (-40 to +105 deg. C)
The PS8461V is an automotive grade DisplayPort retimer with an integrated 2:1 input multiplexer. It includes an input equalizer to compensate for transmission path loss and a retimer circuit to remove random jitter imparted by signal cross talk and other noise ingress, including noise coupled within the SoC DisplayPort source device. A stable internal clock generator is used to regenerate a jitter-free DisplayPort signal. DisplayPort link rates up to HBR3 (8.1Gbps) are supported.
DisplayPort AUX Channel signal snooping is used to provide transparent link training support with the down-stream DisplayPort receiver, including the standard DisplayPort link training protocol and LTTPR (Link Training Tunable PHY Repeater) operation.
- Jitter cleaning of DisplayPort signal for both deterministic and random jitter
- 2:1 input multiplexer enables selection between two DisplayPort source devices
- Compliant to VESA® DisplayPort Standard version 2.0 including support for 1.62, 2.7, 5.4 and 8.1-Gbps link rates, up to four lanes
- Supports intermediate link rates for eDP applications
- Autonomous and transparent DisplayPort link training support – no system level intervention needed
- Supports LTTPR operation through AUX Channel command snooping
- Field proven transparent repeater function provides link training with the downstream DisplayPort device using AUX monitoring (snooping)
- Superior intra-pair and inter-pair de-skewing
- Crystal Free operation, no clock external reference needed for internal timing regeneration clock
- Configurable input equalization level to optimize for nominal system PCB, cable, and connector losses
- Responds to DisplayPort source-initiated power management through AUX channel monitoring
- Automatic power down management
- Device pin control and local I2C bus control options
- 3.3V / 1.2V dual supply operation
- 5x10mm 66-pin QFN RoHS compliant and halogen free package
- Supports AEC_Q100 grade 2, -40° to 105°C operating temperature range
- Automotive video control unit (VCU)
- Automotive display assembly
- Infotainment system
All trademarks mentioned herein are property of their respective owners.