PS8409 – HDMI™ 2.0 6.0Gbps Jitter Cleaning Repeater
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS
Please refer to our updated product, the PS8409A
The PS8409 is a HDMI™ repeater, or retimer, that removes jitter and fully supports HDMI 2.0 by supporting up to 6.0Gbps TMDS™ data rate. The device integrates a jitter tolerant TMDS receiver and a jitter cleaning TMDS transmitter for HDMI repeater applications. It removes both the data and clock jitter and the timing skews from the TMDS input to deliver a compliant and very low jitter HDMI output.
The PS8409 is ideal for Source, Sink and repeater device applications where the removal of jitter from the TMDS clock and data is needed, as well as removal of TMDS data skew. Such requirement might exist in a Source to remove Tx jitter and/or induced media (transmission path) jitter in order to meet HDMI output jitter requirements, especially at higher TMDS clock rates. It can also be used within an HDMI repeater or Sink, as a repeater near the input connector, to improve receiver performance margin. Signal integrity can be further optimized through the use of the PS8409’s programmable input equalization and output pre-emphasis controls.
The PS8409 can also be used as a Dual-Mode DisplayPort™ level shifter, either on a motherboard or graphics card, or within a Type 2 Dual-Mode DisplayPort (DP++) cable adaptor. The device includes the VESA® Dual-Mode DisplayPort Type 2 cable adaptor DDC registers, and includes an AUX to I2C bridge, allowing DisplayPort AUX to be use on the Source inputs side. The Type 2 registers enable the GPU to change devices settings and identify capability, using standard Dual-Mode DisplayPort Type 2 adaptor drivers.
- Compliant to HDMI 2.0 specification up to 6.0Gbps
- Supports up to 4K UHD formats, 24-bit color at 60 frames per second
- Jitter cleaning PLL for the widest compliance and performance margin
- Input can be DC coupled for native HDMI signaling
- Input can be AC coupled for personal computer level shifting applications
- Programmable receiver equalization to compensate for PCB and/or connector looses
- CrystalFree™ technology – no external crystal or reference clock is needed
- Superior Intra-pair and Inter-pair de-skewing performance
- Built-in DDC Active buffering
- Supports TMDS output pre-emphasis
- Flexible pin and I2C control mode options
- Low power consumption
- Automatic power down management
- Automatic output squelch circuit for fail-safe operation and power management
- 3.3V and 1.2V power supplies
- Operating temperature range availability: 0° to 70°C (commercial), -40° to 85°C (industrial)
- ESD: HBM 7kV
- PC mother board or graphics card
- Docking stations
- AV Receiver
- Active cables
All trademarks mentioned herein are property of their respective owners.