PS8349 – 1:3 DP to DP/HDMI™ (Dual-Mode DisplayPort™)
1:3 Demultiplexer for Dual-Mode DisplayPort™ Source, with Built-In Level Shifter for the HDMI™/DVI Output
The Parade Technologies PS8349 DisplayPort Dual-Mode Source Demultiplexer accepts one Dual-Mode DisplayPort input and provides the following:
- Two selectable Dual-Mode DisplayPort outputs. Either of these outputs can drive a native DisplayPort receptacle (supporting Dual-Mode DisplayPort), can drive a eDP Sink, or can drive a configuration switch to support DisplayPort Alt Mode on a USB Type-C® connector.
- One selectable TMDS output. Utilizing the Dual-Mode function of the Source to provide TMDS data, the HDMI/DVI output can directly drive an HDMI receptical, at TMDS data rate up to 3Gbps, or a DVI receptical up to the 1.65Gbps spec limit.
Only one output can be active at a time.
- PC Motherboards
- Docking Stations
- Graphics Cards
- Supports Dual-mode DisplayPort De-multiplexing (supports both DisplayPort and TMDS for HDMI/DVI)
- Compliant to the VESA® DisplayPort 1.4 Standard — DisplayPort outputs supports up to 5.4Gb/s link rate (HBR2); supports up to 4K 60Hz with 4:4:4 color
- The Dual-Mode function enables support of DVI or HDMI to 3.0Gb/s TMDS data rate (300MHz TMDS clock rate) through the use of external level-shifting DP to DVI/HDMI adaptors. Both Type 1 and Type 2 Dual-Mode HDMI adaptors are supported, enabling support up to HDMI 1.4.
- Built-in level shifter enables direct support of a DVI or HDMI receptical from the TMDS output at at 3Gbps data rate. Type 2 adaptor registers are included.
- Built-in AUX CH and DDC combiner for Dual-Mode Source support
- DisplayPort redriver function included for both DisplayPort outputs; full link training for 1, 2 or 4 lanes
- Supports transmitter Feed Forward Equalizer (FFE) with Post Cursor 2 on HBR2
- Automatic receiver equalization compensates for signal loss between Source device and PS8349 input
- Automatic port switching with configurable port priority selection, or port switching via pin or I2C control
- Automatic power management and output selection settings
- Low power consumption
- Source initiated power saving management
- Device configurable through pin settings or I2C slave input that offers additional device options
- ESD performance 8kV Human Body Model (HBM)
- 5x10mm 66-pin QFN package, RoHS compliant and halogen free
- 0 to 85°C operation
DEVICE OPTIONS — Dual Supply or Single Supply
- PS8349A — Dual supplies, 1.5V & 3.3V
- PS8349B — Single 3.3V Supply