NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS
Please refer to our updated product, the PS8338
Dual Mode DisplayPort Source 1:2 Demultiplexer
The Parade Technologies PS8318 DisplayPort Dual Mode Source Demultiplexer accepts one DisplayPort input and provides two DisplayPort outputs. Dual Mode DisplayPort (DP) Sources are supported enabling HDMI/DVI compatibility through the use of a down-stream, level-shifting cable adapter (dongle). The device provides optimum signal integrity by directly regenerating and driving Main Link amplitude and pre-emphasis levels requested by the Sink during the DP Link Training process. Signal loss caused by the PCB traces between the DP source and PS8318 is removed by the PS8318 automatically-adjusted input equalizer. Device operation and configuration can be controlled through device pin settings or I2C bus control.
- Compliant to VESA DisplayPort™ Standard version 1.1a for both 1.62 and 2.7 Gbps link rates.
- Compliant to VESA DisplayPort PHY Compliance Test Standard version 1.1.
- Automatic receiver equalization adjustment to compensate for PCB and/or connector losses
- Full link training support for 1, 2, or 4 lanes
- Supports all 4 output amplitude and pre-emphasis levels.
- Supports Dual Mode DisplayPort Demultiplexing (DisplayPort and HDMITM/DVI)
- Source initiated power down control
- Extended features include automatic power down and automatic port switching
- Low power consumption
- Optional Broadcasting Mode
- Local I2C control option
- Single 3.3 V power supply
- 56-pin QFN RoHS package
- 0° to 85 °C operating temperature range
- ESD: Human Body Mode to 8 kV
- PC / Notebook Motherboard
- Docking Station
- Graphics Card