PS5169 – USB-C® 10Gbps Linear Redriver for USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 and DP 1.4 Alternate Mode
The PS5169 is a 10Gbps retimer for USB Type-C® enabled systems that use an integrated USB 3.2 / DisplayPort™ Alternate Mode host device that includes an integrated USB Type-C configuration switch. The PS5169 provides a linear redriver function for the USB TX and RX signals, and when DisplayPort Alt Mode is enabled, the DisplayPort main link signals.
The PS5169 supports USB 3.2 transport data rates up to 10Gbit/sec (Gen 2), and DisplayPort data rates up to 8.1Gbit/sec (HBR3). The liner redriver function compensates for PCB signal loss and other signal distortion providing higher signal quality and compliance margin at the system’s USB-C receptacle. It also enables more system design flexibility by allowing the system’s USB Type-C connector(s) to be located further from the integrated host device. For DisplayPort Alt Mode operation, the linear redriver incorporates Parade’s patented AUX Channel interception technology that adjusts the high speed data driver characteristics based on link training parameters reported by the downstream DisplayPort receiver.
- Type-C linear redriver supports USB 3.2 Gen2x2 10Gbps dual-lane operation and DisplayPort Alternate Mode up to HBR3/8.1Gbps
- Supports USB Type-C application with integrated USB and DisplayPort alternate mode port
- Supports full USB 3.2 power management
- Programmable equalizers to compensate PCB, cable and/or connector losses
- Waterproof IO design
- Field proven AUX interception technology for DisplayPort link training of RBR, HBR, HBR2 and HBR3
- 1.8V power supply
- Ultra low power consumption, 1.3uW at Deep Sleep mode, 0.5mW at Standby mode
- 2.7 x 3.7mm 26-pin QFN RoHS compliant and halogen free package
- ESD: Human Body Model 8kv
- Smartphone and Tablet accessories