FL5002 – 4-Port USB 3.2 Gen 1 with PD 2.0 Hub Controller
FL5002 is a 4-port, configurable and efficient SuperSpeed USB Hub Controller that supports 1 upstream (US) and 1 downstream (DS) Type-C connectors. FL5002 features innovative battery charging features, fast charging, and support for Power Delivery 2.0. It is compliant with the Super Speed, Hi-Speed, and Full-Speed, and Type-C specifications and is backward compatible to all USB 3.2 Gen1, USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 applications.
- Type-C Connector Support: One DS ports can be configured to use the Type-C connector. It can also be configured for legacy connectors.
- Fast Charge: No extra components needed for basic Type-C functionality including Battery Charge (BC) support.
- Flexible Power Delivery Support: Compliant with Power Delivery 2.0, allowing up to 100W of charging power, controlled via internal MCU or standard SPI interface.
- Dead Battery Support: Charge a device with a dead battery plugged into any Type-C port of the hub.
- Cascading Mode: Use a single crystal and easily cascade to create a 7-port/10-port hub.
- Self-Charging™: Emulate a dedicated charging port (DCP) to provide charging even when the US Port is disconnected.
- Smart BC: Automatically engage/disengage DCP/Emulation mode with BC 1.2/1.1.
- Easy design in: Provides user customization by external EEPROM.
- Small Footprint: Package size of QFN88
- Reduced BOM: Integrated LDO Regulator, integrated Type-C reversibility muxes and control functionality