FL5001 – 4-Port USB 3.2 Gen 1 Hub Controller with Type C
FL5001 is a 4-port, configurable and efficient SuperSpeed USB Hub Controller that supports Type-C connector functionality on the upstream (US) port and on up to 2 of the 4 downstream (DS) ports. FL5001 features innovative battery charging features and fast charging. It is compliant with the SuperSpeed, Hi-Speed, and Full-Speed, and Type-C specifications and is backward compatible to all USB 3.2 Gen1, USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 applications.
- Type-C Connector Support: US port and up to two of the 4 DS ports can be configured to use the industry new Type-C connector. Each port can also be configured for legacy connectors.
- Fast 3A Charge: No extra components needed for basic Type-C functionality including Battery Charge (BC) support.
- Cascading Mode: Use a single crystal and easily cascade to create a 7-port/10-port hub.
- Self-Charging™: Emulate a dedicated charging port (DCP) to provide charging even when the US Port is disconnected.
- Smart BC: Automatically engage/disengage DCP/Emulation mode with BC 1.2/1.1.
- Easy design in: Without firmware (No need SPI flash) and can provide user customization by external EEPROM.
- Small Footprint: Package size of QFN 88 pin 10x10mm
- Reduced BOM: Integrated LDO Regulator, integrated Type-C reversibility muxes and control functionality
- Embedded USB Billboard device.