PS8469 – 1:2 DP v1.4 to DP/TMDS Demux
DisplayPort V1.4 Dual-Mode Jitter Cleaning Demultiplexer, DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.0b capable
The PS8469 is a 1:2 demultiplexer IC that is connected to the output of a Dual-mode DisplayPort Source device. An internal retimer circuit is used for jitter cleaning both native DisplayPort signaling and the TMDS signaling enabled by Dual-mode operation.
Supports DisplayPort 1.4:
- Link Rates of 8.1Gb/s (HBR3), 5.4Gb/s (HBR2), 2.7Gb/s (HBR), and 1.62Gb/s (RBR)
Supports up to 600MHz TMDS clock rate for the TMDS DVI/HDMI output
- Supports DVI, and HDMI 2.0b (up to 4K@60Hz)
- TMDS data rate of up to 6.0Gb
- Includes the Type 2 Dual-mode DisplayPort cable adapter register to simplify Source device driver support
When passing the Dual-mode DisplayPort signal from the device’s input to the DisplayPort output, the PS8469 behaves as a transparent DisplayPort jitter cleaning repeater device. When the Dual-mode Source device is outputting a TMDS signal, the AC coupled TMDS signal is jitter-cleaned and converted to a DVI or HDMI compliant signal at the TMDS output through the use of an internal AC to DC level-shifter. The buffered DDC path through the device is connected to an internal I2C register that is configured as a Type 2 Dual-mode DisplayPort cable adapter register, as per the VESA DisplayPort Dual-Mode Standard. This allows the Dual-mode Source device driver to recognize the support capability of the level shifter function.
The Dual-mode DisplayPort output will also support an external level shifter-based DisplayPort-to-HDMI/DVI Dual-mode video adapter (dongle). Jitter cleaning will be applied to both the DisplayPort or TMDS modes. The PS8469 can be configured to use the output hot-plug detect pins to enable automatic mode switching and device power management. An automatic output squelch function disables the outputs when no input signal is present.
The PS8469 can be used on the same circuit assembly as the Dual-mode DisplayPort Source device, or can be used remotely such as in a docking station. To ensure the maintenance of optimal signal integrity, the device includes an input equalizer to compensate for PC board, connector, and cable losses. When using the DisplayPort output, the PS8469 includes a transparent output driver function that uses AUX channel interception, or “AUX snooping”, that allows it to respond to output amplitude and pre-emphasos output drive settings indicated by the DPTX to the DPRX during the DisplayPort link training process. This helps to ensure DisplayPort PHY compliance at the system output receptacle as well as to ensure robust interoperability with the display device, regardless of display cable length.
- PC Desktop and Notebook Motherboards
- Notebook Docking Stations
- Graphics Cards
- Supports Dual-mode DisplayPort™ (DP) De-multiplexing to a Dual-mode DisplayPort output and a TMDS™ output
- Jitter-cleaning of both DisplayPort and TMDS using internal retimer circuit
- Intra-pair and inter-pair de-skewing
- Crystal Free operation
- Full HDMI or DVI interface support from the TMDS output
- Compliant to the VESA DisplayPort 1.4 Standard — supports up to 8.1Gb/s link rate (HBR3)
- Compliant to the HDMI 2.0b specification — supports up to 6.0Gb/s TMDS output
- Includes Type 2 Dual-mode adapter register for Source driver discovery
- Built-in AUX CH and DDC combiner for Dual-Mode Source support
- Full link training support using DisplayPort transparent repeater function to control DisplayPort output levels
- Dual-mode DisplayPort operation supported by DisplayPort output
- Source initiated power saving management
- Automatic power management
- Low power consumption
- Device configuration can be through pin settings or I2C slave input, which offers additional device options
- Uses 3.3V I/O and 1.2V core power supplies
- 5x10mm 66-pin QFN package, RoHS compliant and halogen-free