FL6000 – F-One 4 port Aggregation Controller
– Not For New Designs –
FL6000 with F-One™ technology is a patented approach to attach multiple USB 2 peripherals to a single SuperSpeed-only port. F-One™ mode implies a “Superspeed”-only upstream port. The FL6000 can also operate in legacy mode, in which case it acts as a standard 4-port SuperSpeed Hub.
- Contact-less USB solution
- Optic Fiber cable for USB transfer
- Industry USB hub
- Upstream (US) Port SuperSpeed Compliant in F-One™ mode
- US Port Compliant to USB Specifications 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 in Legacy hub mode
- Downstream (DS) Ports Compliant to USB Specifications 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0
- Two self-selectable modes: Legacy hub mode and F-One™ mode
- Both modes support the following:
- Multiple USB 2.0 Transaction Translators (TT)
- Fully compliant to all power states (USB 3 U1/U2/U3, USB 2 L1/L2)
- Small footprint
- 88-pin QFN FL6000 (4 ports)
- Single oscillator/clock input (12MHz).
- Shared USB 2/3 reference resistor.
- Integrated 3.3V Output Low Drop-out Regulator
- Reduces area and cost by providing step down to 3.3v on-chip.
- EEPROM for user customization
- Full feature customization via I2C EEPROM interface
- In-system programmable EEPROM interface using vendor class command
- Battery Charging Support
- Downstream DCP/CDP support for BC 1.2 Specification
- Smart BC will automatically engage/disengage DCP/Emulation modes
- Upstream disconnect/S3 will engage DCP Emulation
- Automatic VBUS cycle to disengage DCP Emulation before USB link and enumeration.
- BC modes and options customizable via EEPROM.
- Cascaded hub support
- Automatic F-One™ mode selection when only USB 3 is connected on US port, or via optional EEPROM or OTP configuration