HDMI 4:1 Switch with QuickPort® Switching and Adaptive Equalizer
The PS461 is a 4-to-1 HDMI switch that utilizes Parade’s innovative QuickPort® Switching technology. Through the implementation of a separate TMDS receiver with HDCP pre-authentication on each HDMI input, acquisition and authentication time is eliminated when switching between the active HDMI inputs. The end result is input-to-input switching time of less than one second, and a greatly enhancing user experience. The PS461 offers a highly integrated switch solution for multiple HDMI and/or DVI inputs for DTVs and other display devices.
- Fast input port switching – switching time less than 1 second
- Input adaptive equalizer ensures reliable operation with long input cables
- Automatic power management and port selection capability
- Less then 800mW power dissipation
- Zero standby power
Designed for HDMI 1.4a
- Up to 225MHz TMDS clock rate, supports deep color up to 36 bits-per-pixel
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) on each input
- CEC buffer
Highly Integrated Solution
- Integrated switching voltage regulator for core logic, device uses single 3.3V supply
- Integrated non-volatile memory for HDMI input EDIDs, as well as EDID support for an optional VGA input
- Integrated HDCP key
- Integrated port termination
Once the selected input is decrypted and demodulated, it is output to the SoC by an unencrypted TMDS output, thereby avoiding additional authentication time.
The PS461 includes internal memory for the pre-programmed HDCP Keys, and user-programmable non-volatile memory for the HDMI EDID and VGA EDID to reduce BOM cost. The non-volatile memory uses multiple-time programmable (MTP) ROM technology and it replaces four external HDMI port EDID EEPROMs and one VGA port EDID EEPROM. EDID programming can be accomplished through the control I2C bus or the Port 1 DDC channel. EDID shadow RAM configuration is optional for HDMI EDID access.
Each HDMI input includes an adaptive equalizer which will automatically compensate for signal loss from long cables or other signal impairments.
The PS461 features Zero Standby Power which easily allows compliance to the ENERGY STAR sleep mode power consumption criteria. When the display or TV is powered off, the PS461 will draw its 5V supply from HDMI source devices enabling EDID access.
The device also provides flexible power management: an automatic power down feature which will shut down the main power when there are no sources plugged into the input ports; a squelch circuit will disable the TMDS outputs when no active input signal is detected on the selected port.
A bidirectional CEC buffer is included with an on-chip pull-up resistor. The CEC buffer isolates line capacitance and is fully compliant to the CEC power-off line degradation leakage spec.
To minimize power consumption and simplify system configuration, the PS461 includes an on-chip switching regulator. This enables the device to use a single 3.3V supply and generate the 1.2V supply voltage for the low power core logic. Total device power consumption is less than 800mW under maximum device utilization.
- Digital TV Receivers and Displays
- Digital Signage Displays
- HDMI 1.4a compliant, up to 225 MHz TMDS clock rate
- Fast HDMI port switching enabled through QuickPort® Switching with HDCP pre-authentication
- Supports up to WUXGA / 1080p with 8/10/12 bits per color component depth
- Automatic compensation for signal loss from long HDMI cables through adaptive receiver equalization
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) supported on all HDMI inputs from single S/PDIF source within the display
- HDMI and VGA input EDIDs supported by integrated non-volatile memory, saving system BOM cost
- Optional on-chip EDID shadow for HDMI EDID
- Zero standby power easily meets ENERGY STAR sleep mode power consumption criteria
- Automatic device power down and output squelch modes provide power management and fail-safe
- Active port and source connection detection enables better end customer experience and flexible system management
- Integrated 50 ohm active input termination
- Built-in side-band signals with 5V DDC pin tolerance
- Local I2C interface provides flexible host control
- Integrated bidirectional CEC buffer
- Single 3.3V operation enabled by integrated switching regulator
- Less than 800mW power consumption
- 100-pin TQFP Halogen free RoHS package
- 0°C to 70°C operating temperature range
- ESD: Human Body Model at 8 kV, Machine Model at 300 V, and Charged Device Model at 2kV