NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS
Please refer to our updated product, the PS8339
Dual Mode DisplayPort Source 1:2 Demultiplexer with DP and TMDS Outputs
The PS8312 DisplayPort Dual Mode Source 1:2 Demultiplexer accepts one DisplayPort input and provides one interface for a DisplayPort Dual Mode output, and another interface for a TMDS output. The TMDS output can directly support a DVI or HDMI interface and requires that the DisplayPort input device supports Dual Mode operation. The DisplayPort Dual Mode output also supports HDMI/DVI compatibility through the use of a down-stream, level-shifting cable adapter (dongle) when the input DP Source is Dual Mode. The device optimizes signal integrity by equalizing the input signal and driving the DisplayPort output at the amplitude and pre-emphasis levels requested by the Sink during the Link Training process. For the TMDS output port, an embedded level shifter converts the AC coupled TMDS input signals to DC coupled HDMI or DVI output signals. Signal losses caused by the PCB traces between the DP source and PS8312 are removed by the device’s self-adjusting input equalizer. Device operation and configuration can be controlled through pin settings or I2C bus control.
- Supports Dual Mode DisplayPort™ (DP) Demultiplexing to a Dual Mode DP and a TMDS™ output
- Full HDMI™ or DVI interface support from the TMDS output
- Compliant to VESA DisplayPort Standard version 1.1a for both 1.62 and 2.7 Gbps link rates.
- Compliant to VESA DisplayPort PHY Compliance Test Standard version 1.1.
- Compliant to HDMI 1.3a specification up to 2.25 Gbps
- Automatic receiver equalization adjustment to compensate for PCB and/or connector losses of the input signal
- Full link training support for 1, 2, or 4 lanes for the Dual Mode DP output
- Supports all 4 output amplitude and pre-emphasis levels for the Dual Mode DP output
- Source initiated power down control
- Extended features include automatic power down and automatic port switching
- Automatic squelch for fail-safe and power management
- Advanced TMDS driver including EMI reduction and output pre-emphasis
- Low power consumption
- Local I2C control option
- Single 3.3 V power supply
- 56-pin QFN RoHS package
- 0° to 85 °C operating temperature range
- ESD: Human Body Mode to 8 kV
- PC Motherboard / Graphics Card
- Docking Station